2010 Tour of California Host Cities Revealed
May timing allows route changes and new host cities for eight-day stage race.
California has given Amgen the opportunity to educate people about the great advances in medicine made possible through biotechnology, and to strengthen our relationships with local communities, cancer support organizations and cancer survivors through our Breakaway from Cancer initiative," said Stuart Arbuckle, vice president, Amgen Oncology. "We look forward to collaborating with this year's host cities to promote the Breakaway from Cancer initiative in their communities."
One of the only American races listed on the international professional cycling calendar (2. HC ranking), the Amgen Tour of California has drawn the attention of both cycling enthusiasts and first-time spectators, solidifying its position as one of the most anticipated cycling events of the year.
Beginning with a road stage, a first for the race, the 2010 Tour of California will visit 16 host cities for official stage starts and finishes, while other cities along the route also will have the opportunity to witness the excitement of elite professional cycling. Stages for the 2010 Amgen Tour of California include:
• Stage 1: Sunday, May 16 - Nevada City to Sacramento
• Stage 2: Monday, May 17 - Davis to Santa Rosa
• Stage 3: Tuesday, May 18 - San Francisco to Santa Cruz
• Stage 4: Wednesday, May 19 - San Jose to Modesto
• Stage 5: Thursday, May 20 - Visalia to Bakersfield
• Stage 6: Friday, May 21 - Pasadena to Big Bear Lake
• Stage 7: Saturday, May 22 - Los Angeles (individual time trial)
• Stage 8: Sunday, May 23 - Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village/Agoura Hills